Winners of 2021 Blackboard Awards for Asia Pacific Announced
BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA – Blackboard Inc., a leading global EdTech software and solutions company, today announced the winners of the 2021 Blackboard Awards for Asia-Pacific. The Awards, now in their sixth year, recognise innovation and excellence in education.
“In 2020 educators across the region rose to the challenges of the pandemic, with innovations large and small, to ensure learning could continue,” said Yves Dehouck, Vice President, Asia Pacific at Blackboard. “We’ve been inspired, and indeed humbled, to hear the many ways this community has made use of our platform to continue to drive student and institutional success. Congratulations to each of the winners.”
The winners, listed by category, are:
This award honours institutions who are on the forefront of educational innovation. It recognises those who have implemented high impact educational strategies that scale.
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, India: Ravindra Yatagiri, Deepak Kumar Bhatt, Sachin K Rana, Pulkit Aggarwal, Yogesh Verma and Kawardeep Singh.
- Chandigarh University, India: Shefali Verma, Lokesh Pawar, Sumit Sharma, Vivek Ghai, Rajdeep Kaur and Sachin Kalsi.
Optimising Student Experience
This award honours those institutions which have markedly improved the total learner experience, including student recruitment, financial aid, enrolment, retention and assessment, graduation and beyond.
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, India: Gaurav Misra.
- Malayan Colleges Laguna, Philippines: Roel C. Rodrigo, John Mark L. Almarez, Maribel G. Songsong, Anthony Hilmer S. Medrano, James Ronald O. Mesina, Angelito D. Platino, Mabeth B. Francia, Christian Valor M. Sorisantos and Christie C. Amores.
Teaching & Learning
This award recognises those who have adopted flexible, distance and online delivery, including using mobile technologies to positively impact the educational experience.
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, India: Dr K. Mohan Reddy.
- National Institute of Education, Singapore: Shamini Thilarajah, Renuka Nasendran.
- Virtual School Australia: Paramita Roy.
The winners were chosen by a cross-functional team of Blackboard experts and honoured during Blackboard’s annual Teaching & Learning Conference Asia Pacific 2021, held online on August 18 and 19.
For more information on the Blackboard Awards and this year’s winners, please visit https://www.blackboard.com/tlcapac
Blackboard is a leading EdTech company, serving higher education, K-12, business and government clients around the world. We connect a deep understanding of education with the power of technology to continuously push the boundaries of learning. Our mission is to advance learning together with the world's education community, so that all learners, educators and institutions can realize their goals today and prepare for tomorrow.